Grade 10 Transportation Technology
Transportation Technology, Grade 10, Open (TTJ2O)
* This course introduces students to the service and maintenance of vehicles,
* Students will develop knowledge and skills related to the construction and operation of vehicle/craft systems and learn maintenance and repair techniques.
* Student projects may include the construction of a self-propelled vehicle or craft, engine service, tire/wheel service, electrical/battery service, and proper body care.
* Students will develop an awareness of related environmental and societal issues, and will explore secondary and postsecondary pathways
leading to careers in the transportation industry.
Advantages of a Student Earning a Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) in Transportation:
The Student Will:
* have a strong foundation for a wide variety of careers in the Transportation sector
* be able to customize their education to suit their interests and talents while meeting the requirements for the OSSD
* focus on sector-specific knowledge and skills that are valued by the sector and postsecondary educational institutions
* receive an SHSM Record outlining and identifying completion of the required components, including certifications and training programs and sector-specific credits the student has achieved
* receive an OSSD with the Red SHSM Seal identifying that all of the required components are complete for the SHSM