Grade 11 Transportation Technology
Transportation Technology, Grade 11, College (TTJ3C)
* This course enables students to develop technical knowledge and skills as they study, test, service, and repair engine, electrical, suspension, brake, and steering systems on vehicles,
* Students will develop communication and teamwork skills through practical tasks, using a variety of tools and equipment.
* Students will develop an awareness of environmental and
societal issues related to transportation, and will learn about apprenticeship and college programs leading to careers in the transportation industry.
Advantages of a Student Earning a Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) in Transportation:
The Student Will:
* have a strong foundation for a wide variety of careers in the Transportation sector
* be able to customize their education to suit their interests and talents while meeting the requirements for the OSSD
* focus on sector-specific knowledge and skills that are valued by the sector and postsecondary educational institutions
* receive an SHSM Record outlining and identifying completion of the required components, including certifications and training programs and sector-specific credits the student has achieved
* receive an OSSD with the Red SHSM Seal identifying that all of the required components are complete for the SHSM