Grade 12 Transportation Technology
Transportation Technology, Grade 12, College (TTJ4C)
* This course enables students to further develop technical knowledge and skills as they study, test, service, and repair engine management systems; powertrains; steering/control, suspension, brake, and body systems on vehicles, and/or small-engine products.
* Students will refine communication and teamwork skills through practical tasks, using a variety of tools and equipment.
* Students will expand their awareness of environmental and societal
issues related to transportation and their knowledge of apprenticeship and college programs leading to careers in the transportation industry.
Prerequisite: Transportation Technology, Grade 11, College Preparation
Advantages of a Student Earning a Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) in Transportation:
The Student Will:
* have a strong foundation for a wide variety of careers in the Transportation sector
* be able to customize their education to suit their interests and talents while meeting the requirements for the OSSD
* focus on sector-specific knowledge and skills that are valued by the sector and postsecondary educational institutions
* receive an SHSM Record outlining and identifying completion of the required components, including certifications and training programs and sector-specific credits the student has achieved
* receive an OSSD with the Red SHSM Seal identifying that all of the required components are complete for the SHSM